Submit Supporting Documents
See instructions on the Office of Graduate Studies website.
Supporting Documents Required
Supplementary Application materials you are required to upload electronically (DO NOT submit originals via mail or courier):
- Transcripts (with grading scale included) for all post-secondary institutions (University and College). Please do not upload copies of high school transcripts
- Statement of Research Interest (1-2 pages). There is no specific format for this statement. Your CV and transcripts tell us what you have done to date, this document details what you are looking to achieve with a graduate degree and what your interests are from a research/course/project perspective.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Language test, if required. For applicants submitting IELTS tests, please note that the School of Engineering requires an overall score of 6.5 with no individual band less than 6.0.
The University of Guelph reserves the right to request an English language test result from any applicant.
Please note that your referees will be sent instructions regarding uploading their reference directly, you are not to upload this document for them. Referees should be academic or work related, with an ability to comment on your research potential, and should not be provided by family or friends.
- GRE/GMAT test scores are not required and will not be reviewed by the admission committee if submitted.
- Please do not mail originals of the above documentation to the University. We do not require them for assessment purposes.
If your referees do not receive a referee assessment email, and for all other issues relating to uploading documents, please email email@example.com with your request. Remember to include your Guelph student identification number in the subject heading.