Why Choose Co-op?
As an Engineering Co-op student, you will get a head start on:
- Networking with professionals
- Defining your career goals
- Developing confidence, communication and interpersonal skills
- Gaining valuable and technical experience to become a Professional Engineer, please refer to PEO Experience Guideline
What makes our Co-op stand out from the rest?:
- You will complete four to five work terms throughout your degree
- They are called work terms since we do not place you in a job!
- Your job search is entirely online - search through the database of job postings, apply, schedule interviews and more
- You will have the flexibility to find your own job and work both locally or internationally
- You will be able to develop resume writing and interview skills with our preparatory Co-op course.
- You won't have to be in school taking courses in the summer!
We offer Co-op in all of our programs:
- Biological Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Engineering Systems and Computing
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
Co-op and PEO Experience Guideline
Depending on the quality of the experience, applicants for PEO licensure may be granted up to 12 months credit for experience acquired prior to the completion of their undergraduate degree. Only pre-graduation experience acquired after the midpoint of an undergraduate program is eligible for credit.
The PEO experience guideline for licensing can be found on their website under the heading "licensing & registration".
For additional information, please visit Co-operative Education and Career Services.